1. The release of Apple's iPhone 6s and 6s Plus models in September led to record sales in China, which accounts for more than a fourth of the company's operating income. Apple, whose products are often viewed as status symbols in China, is in competition not just with its South Korean archrival Samsung, but with the increasingly popular Chinese smartphone makers Huawei and Xiaomi.
2. Zhu Xueqin, an NPC deputy and migrant worker from Shanghai.
3. 对于英国广播公司文化部门来说，戛纳期间堆满了工作，而派对是少之又少。但是，影展之外的电影节给小镇描上了醉人的红色。在2013年，我们试图联系白雪香槟酒庄（Piper Heidsieck）计算电影节期间香槟的消费数量，但作为提供“官方饮品”的白雪香槟酒庄拒绝回应。不过看看克鲁瓦塞特(Croisette)大道上那些微醺的脸庞以及踉跄的步态，我们可以合理的推测香槟的消费数量十分庞大。电影节的第一周，在为马提欧?加洛尼影片《故事的故事》(Tale of Tales)举办的派对上香槟成河，狂欢者嗨至凌晨。次日早晨，英国广播公司的瑞贝卡?劳伦斯与某位明星进行访谈，询问其在采访前休息了多久。这位明星只是眯起了惺忪的眼睛，抬起了2根手指。
5. We will strive to boost employment and business startups.
4. A sub-index tracking activity at larger enterprises softened 0.7 points to 53.1, while mid-sized companies fell 1.3 points to 49.9, indicating slight contraction. That for smaller manufacturers fell 0.4 points to 49, indicating worsening contraction.
5. Spending on medicines in "pharmergingmarkets" will rise more than 50 percent over the next five years, ThePharma Letter said, citing IMS.
6. That's not even a sarcastic quip, it's the truth.
1. Bobbi's dad Anton, 28, admits that he had his concerns at first, but is now comfortable with Bobbi's routine.
2. President Obama leads the pack. On top of the $400,000 a year, he gets a tax-free expense account worth $50,000. The salary was last raised by Congress in 2001.
3. We asked FlightAware to look at arrival delays, rather than departure delays, because it is sometimes possible for airlines to make up time lost on the ground while the plane is in the sky.
5. 瑞士洛桑国际管理发展学院(IMD)和西班牙Iese商学院(Iese Business School)稳坐英国《金融时报》两份高管教育榜单榜首。英国《金融时报》2017年高管教育排行榜开放招生课程和定制课程两份排名的头两名，均由这两所学校包揽。
6. The American Film Institute has picked its 10 best movies and TV shows of the year. The titles, presented in alphabetical order, are works AFI's juries have determined advance the art of the moving image, enhance the cultural heritage of America's art form, inspire audiences and artists and make a mark on American society.
1. n. 改革，改良
2. vt. 起草，征
3. over $50,000 category, pickups and SUVs distributed through non-premium dealers outsell German luxury brands.
4. The writer is a senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment and a former World Bank country director for China. Read other predictions for the world economy, politics and finance in 2012 at www.ft.com/thealist
5. “Obviously, a single year, even if it is a record, cannot tell us much about climate trends,” said Stefan Rahmstorf, head of earth system analysis at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research in Germany. “However, the fact that the warmest years on record are 2014, 2010 and 2005 clearly indicates that global warming has not ‘stopped in 1998,’ as some like to falsely claim.”
6. It is a struggle for power contained by understandings and institutions.
1. After a year of sexual harassment scandals that started in Silicon Valley and spread to just about every industry, women will try to capitalise on the momentum to push for permanent changes. And attention will focus on the plight of marginalised minorities, with so few black and Latino employees in the tech industry.
2. Variety Talk Series: “Last Week Tonight With John Oliver” (HBO)
Four other domestic movies made it to the top ten list, among them are the third winner Never Say Die, Kung Fu Yoga in the fourth place, the fifth winner Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back, and Youth in the eighth place.