4. The world's first flying bicycle flew on November 9, 1961, when Derek Pigott of the University of Southampton flew in a bicycle with an airplane-like body. It was called the Southampton University Man Powered Aircraft (sumpac). Derek furiously pedaled the air-bike to get it off the ground. It then flew 1.8 meters (about 6 ft) above the ground over a distance of 64 meters (210 ft). While the flight was short and slow, it still does not change the fact that it was the first bicycle to fly and at the same time, the first human-powered flight.
5. Amazon, Starbucks and Facebook have seen their brand values shoot up in 2016 compared with 2015. Amazon’s 59 per cent rise in value to $99bn and seventh place ranking, is partly due to its ability to create demand and not just satisfy it, according to Elspeth Cheung, head of BrandZ valuation at Millward Brown. She says Amazon’s one-hour delivery service has put pressure on other retailers to speed up delivery times while the online retailer’s move into logistics poses a threat to courier services UPS, FedEx and DHL.
6. n. 日历，月历，日程表
1. 'But then it always challenges and nudges and says "well wait a minute".
2. John Authers
3. 5. Zynga. Brand love: -5% / Rank: 5
4. Chazelle’s musical was the hot favourite going into the evening, with a record-tying 14 nominations. Chazelle won the best director award, while Emma Stone won best actress for her performance in the film, which was produced by Lionsgate. There were other La La Land Oscars for score and best original song.
5. The 2015 FT Global Executive MBA ranking this year is remarkable for two reasons. Not only is it the FT’s 100th ranking of business schools, but it also marks the first time thataprogramme that includes a mainland Chinese business school has occupied the top position.
2. 3.3 进一步释放国内需求潜力
3. The maker of Post-it notes and Scotch tape authorized a $12 billion stock repurchase program in February, replacing its current $7.5 buyback program. 3M's (MMM, Fortune 500) move followed its announcement late last year that it intends to spend $10 billion on acquisitions and repurchase up to $22 billion of shares over the next four years.
4. HSBC said its private reading of China's manufacturing sector was stagnant last month, confirming a "flash" estimate already published.
5. After her legal travails , anything Kesha released would have a veneer of triumph. But this comeback set was an artistic warrior cry more potent than any might've expected.
6. charm（n 吸引力；（女人的）魅力）
1. Dachis says: Strong financial performance combined with a slew of new features made LinkedIn a magnet for positivity in 2012. Positivity like this could help the company move from stern business network to lively communications platform in 2013.
4. The pear-shaped diamond named The Blue is 13.22 carats is estimated to be worth between $21-$25 million.
5. 2014年，演员蒂尔达·斯文顿(Tilda Swinton)在四部电影中戴着假牙：《零点定理》(The Zero Theorem)、《布达佩斯大饭店》、《唯爱永生》(Only Lovers Left Alive)，以及奉俊昊导演的《雪国列车》(Snowpiercer)。在最后这部惊悚片中，斯文顿饰演残酷、狡猾的梅森部长(Minister Mason)，她戴着一副大大的眼镜，有一口庞大、丑陋的牙齿。
3. Chinese people are intelligent and hardworking and they have an inexhaustible drive for pursuing a better life for themselves. The government needs to create the enabling environment for our people to fully use their talent and initiative.
If you like your comedy with a side of heart-warming feels and poignant cultural commentary, please look no further than The Big Sick, about a comedian who falls in love with a heckler. Their backgrounds could not be more different, which is relatable to anyone in a mixed race relationship.